October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (steve f, 300846), 116 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13491 Members
9 Forums
32315 Topics
441187 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Stay safe out there this fall gentlemen by jmc @ Today at 01:20 AM

This is another very relevant and widespread tick related disease that can and does affect thousands in the range of the Lone Star Tick. It’s no joke and can kill. My father contracted most likely from ticks on our land in northern VA and has had li
Jump to new posts Re: Wood extension or rubber pad by Ghostrider @ Today at 12:39 AM

I would also cut off the extension and add a pad. I recently did this on a LC Smith Specialty grade 20 gauge with 32” barrels. It Looks so much nicer. It had a well fitted wood extension but still looked like a wart on such a nice gun. Found and pur
Jump to new posts Re: WHAT CALIBER is my DOUBLE RIFLE by buckstix @ Today at 12:28 AM

Well, The rifle is in hand. Its a James Macnaughton and it turns out to be a variation of a 577-500 No.2. Not sure if the "40" stamp makes any more sense now. Its got a 7-groove bore and near as I can measure its .506 - .507dia. That s
Jump to new posts Re: Any Snipe Hunters in the North? by Stan @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Gil, I have seen a few woodcock out in open, big, wet areas. But, have never seen a snipe in woodcock thickets. SRH
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 1st Attempt at Stock de-oiling by Travis S @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Update I have two LC Smith stocks I am refinishing, one is the 20 GA above and the other is an 1987 field grade 12 GA. The 20 Ga is still seeping brown into the whiting so I will continue with the acetone soaks and whiting coats. On the 12 GA. The
Jump to new posts Re: SxS 'best-ish', made without butt pad or plate? by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: jim searsI have one...it is a Webley and Scott 7 pin sidelock. It has a checkered butt on a very nice piece of Turkish walnut. I am getting ready to take it to South Da. next Monday. I have shot a few rounds of skeet with it and
Jump to new posts Re: Hard rubber(???) buttplates by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Stan, Ureathane. Better in every respect. Best, Ted
Jump to new posts Re: Top rib work by Travis S @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

It will be this weekend before I will have a chance to start.
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: French shotgun, St. Etienne by builder @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

One and done. They take pictures, collect the money and mail it to me a month later. they seem to get a fair price usually and they have proved to be honest so far.
Jump to new posts Re: Ernest Bernard - 10g Pinfire Shotgun by halk @ Yesterday at 07:31 PM

Thank you very much for the link to your wonderful collections! I passed it on to a friend who collects miniature pistols, many of which are pinfires.
Jump to new posts Re: Primer question by halk @ Yesterday at 05:04 PM

That is what I thought also Jon, as primer and blasting cap comp detonates and does not merely burn rapidly like high explosives. I guess very old or improperly stored primers could indeed become 'weak', and cause bloopers, but this must be very unco
Jump to new posts Re: Who was the man who did the spray welding.... by steve f @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

I'll throw this out there for Lefever guys. Pretty sure Bill Schwarz in Ellijay used to specialize in Lefever restoration. I believe this was before he came to his senses and moved south of the Mason-Dixon line, although I'm sure he still works on
Jump to new posts Re: From the Great White North... by ChiefAmungum @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

Looks good Lloyd! Wrapping up a couple loose ends today. Headed out soon. Good luck for the remainder and safe travels! Chief
Jump to new posts Browning BSS, 20 gauge, 26" by Bob Cash @ Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Early Model Browning BSS, 20 Gauge, Silver Trigger, No Barrel Selector. 26" Barrels choked Mod / IC. Typical Browning dimensions, 14 1/2 " LOP to a 5/8" Browning Sporter pad. Blue wear, bottom of reciever and trigger tang. Stock st
Jump to new posts Re: Duck season by fallschirmjaeger @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Definite frost this morning heading out into the swamp in Western PA. A flight of mallards with apparently a few spoonies mixed in came into our spread.
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Aaron Little: .404 M70 Build by Krag 1902 @ Yesterday at 12:01 PM

Stunning. That's what rifles are for.
Jump to new posts Re: Any interest in Gamebore 2&1/2" field cartridges? by JayCee @ Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Were the shells externally lubricated by any chance? JC
Jump to new posts Ruger Red Label...Model # 04269...28 gauge by Bob Cash @ Yesterday at 09:54 AM

Scarce Ruger Red Label Model # 04269 (Catalog # KRL-2827BRE). 28 Gauge, Excellent Condition, Shot very little. 28" Vent Ribbed Blued Barrel, Stainless Steel Receiver. Limited Production, Scarce, Gold birds on each side of receiver. Gold Ruger
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Winchester A-5 scope repair by rocky mtn bill @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

Vall, Thanks for the tool tip. You make it sound doable.
Jump to new posts Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh-- Less OT than many Threads by King Brown @ Yesterday at 08:43 AM

Ah, keith, what a pleasure: a Canadian has provided you with a full-time job, a green, environmentally clean job, just you and your computer ranting to the world in a corner of your room. Middle of the night, too. After the night shift?
Jump to new posts Re: Savage Fox Model B in 410 by bbman3 @ Yesterday at 08:41 AM

I had a 20 ga just like it and will never forget the first double I shot on bobwhites with old Duke the setter pointing them. Bobby
Jump to new posts Re: Fixed blade turnscrews by Chuckster @ 10/15/18 10:32 PM

Beautiful, wonderful handles. I hate making handles. Usually use file handles, cut off dowels, golf balls, etc. More power to the beautiful work. Chuck
My dad was the best shot on doves that I have ever seen. He grew up on a farm near Buena Vista, GA. He and his brothers shared an old Belgian clunker hammer double growing up. They would flip a coin to see who shot first. If the first one eventua
Jump to new posts Re: Airlines and gun cases by jmc @ 10/15/18 05:13 PM

Thanks Gentlemen,, you have confirmed my past experience and what I should expect today.. I will be using standard Master locks with keys with fingers crossed. Best, Jerry
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Drilling question by Der Ami @ 10/15/18 04:42 PM

R. Marshal, The side view looks like a dovetailed plate, but the top view does not clearly show that. If there is not a plate dovetailed into the rib or a base let into the rib, you won't be able to follow my suggestion. In that case, you will have
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2017 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.