Topics38,466
Posts545,087
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: F Dumoulin & Cie Liege 20 gauge Perry M. Kissam 04/25/24 04:13 AM
Do you have a picture of the case opened?
11 195 Read More
Re: Damon-St. Étienne Argo44 04/25/24 02:08 AM
Thanks for your excellent investigative gunsmithing Dustin. To give credit where it is due, on the disassembly questions the person who responded to a post on passionlachasse.fr was FAB500.
https://www.passionlachasse.com/t40494-damon-petrik-superposes-demonter-larme

This is a historic line and surely will be consulted by others, who might acquire this French relatively unknown over here but classic and beautiful superposed shotgun in our country.
52 3,895 Read More
Re: Update BrentD, Prof 04/25/24 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by FallCreekFan
Hey, Brent, we’re four months into the new year. How’s Gus’s recovery coming along?

Gus is holding his own. No one really recovers from oral nonpigmented melanoma, but he is doing far better than expected by the vet. He is enjoying the spring, and we are taking everything one day at a time.

Thanks for asking

Take care of that pup. I know how wonderful a good dog is to have. 😊

He is right next to my chair. He had a good day.
8 460 Read More
Re: RST BrentD, Prof 04/25/24 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by graybeardtmm3
Originally Posted by KY Jon
I just saw a listing for .410 AAHS Winchester empty hulls selling for $350.00/500 on GunBroker. That works out to $17.50/25 for empty hulls. I can buy loaded shells for less and then shoot them myself. Plus $19.50 shipping. Some of the current prices are insane.

straight out of the gouger's handbook.....at a local lion's club gunshow, a few weeks ago, i saw a fellow with various primers marked $240 - 260 per thousand - don't want to sound unkind....but i hope he chokes on them.

best regards,

tom

You can ask any price you want. Making a sale is an entirely different issue

I will sell you CCI BR2s at $300/1000, but not a penny less. Any takers? Did not think so.
12 830 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Ithaca Crass Grade 3 AGS 04/25/24 12:50 AM
Unfortunately the not cocking is the most common complaint.
3 91 Read More
Remington 1889 SxS 12ga. StevenD 04/25/24 12:19 AM
Hello,
I’m looking for the lower two tang screws on a Remington 1889 SxS 12ga.
I’ve tried Numrich & Classic Firearms and Parts. Any other leads would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Steven
0 42 Read More
Re: Hinge pin arrangement, explain? ChiefAmungum 04/24/24 11:25 PM
Thanks all, I now have a much better Idea on how to deal with my latest project!

Chief
15 692 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: ISO Aime Maisonnial label Ted Schefelbein 04/24/24 09:08 PM
You can try this:

maiso@wanadoo.fr

This is the last contact information I have for Michel, Grandson of the founder of the company. I last had contact in perhaps 2006 or so. He reads, writes and speaks English.

This was an address for the firm:

13 rue Clement Forissier, Saint Etienne

Since you likely won’t ever meet anyone who would argue with you about what the case label looked like, you could likely use the form from one of the catalogs. A graphic artist could probably work wonders with this:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Best,
Ted
1 101 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Patched Round Ball in the Pedersoli Baker Cavalry liverwort 04/24/24 07:06 PM
Yes LK, the fact that it hit where it was aimed made me want to post it. Thanks.
2 137 Read More
Re: Advantages of a Lefever over a Smith? Lloyd3 04/24/24 06:47 PM
Keith:

If the people who hold it weren't idiots I'd probably be more tempted. It's age is obvious and yet they still require a background check and a 3-day wait. Maddening...
43 2,020 Read More
Re: Improve Beretta Xtra Wood Finish AGS 04/24/24 05:08 PM
No idea about the autos and XtraGrain, but all the XtraWood O/U's I have ever seen had a different Grip cap that identified them.
9 436 Read More
Re: Stock blank or firewood? ClapperZapper 04/24/24 03:36 PM
Many tree slab cutters do the pressure injected resin technique to stabilize big table slabs.
It follows bug runs, cracks unseen,crevices,worm holes, etc.

I’ve seen some videos where it was done by vacuum and also by gravity.

A highly figured blank might really respond to the treatment.

I’d impregnate it with ebony black resin and see how it shaped up before I discarded it.

Partly out of curiousity, and partly because synthetic and semi synthetic stocks are much more acceptable today.
12 490 Read More

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.