I am enjoying all the respones greatly!

I have always been somewhat torn over the thought that I have never gotten all the good out of my shotguns. I think that had I been wiser and wealthier earlier on I would have bought a good strong double gun and used it for all my small game hunting and now that I am older would be able to look into its' wear and read the stories of my hunts on water and in woods. My deer rifle has a bit of this, in that I bought it at age eighteen and have used it every year since. That 30.06 is still about 80%, though it has a 3" long mystery scratch the length of the receiver, a noticable ding on the forend cap and grip cap and just a bit of removed rust by the front sight. Other wise the home done cut butt and pad installation, the attempt at moving the holes in the scope base and the leather boot lace holding the sling together, are the only mars. I just acquired to many shotguns to have one show the use of them all. Oh well! I guess I can't have all that cake and eat all of it too? To bad I'm getting so old.

Hal, I can drag a deer but, apparantly not a mouse? I can't post pictures either.

Kurt