I pose this question because all of my guns(bought in new condition) are still in what I would think around 95% condition. Even my 30 year old Wingmaster that was my duck gun for years is in this condition. I probably don't hunt as hard as some here, but I've been at it for 41 years.

I have a friend who has his father's Browning 20ga o/u and it is near loose and only has about 1/3 its' bluing left and he has a Wingmaster that looks like it was used to literally beat the brush. I've hunted grouse with him (the only game he hunts) and he walks fast, but unless wind erosion is a factor I can't see how the guns got in that shape? My own father's guns are in the same condition as mine except for a scar on his win. 94 from a fall and a patch of wood putty over the screw hole in the forearm on his Ithaca 37.

I suppose I have had too many guns to get one warn to where I'd like it? I often say I'd love to wear one out shooting/hunting it!

Would any of you, who know how to post pictures, care to post your well worn guns? I'm talking about the ones you put the wear on. I would really like to admire them!

Thanks,

Kurt