Old Joe,

A guy gets into M-class by winning AA class with at least 5 AA shooters at an NSCA event at least 16 times in 2 years time, pretty tough to do anymore. If a guy accomplishes that I think he should be proud of himself, I don't think many expect YOU to be proud of them though. As uncomfortable as I am giving unsolicited shooting advice, I will offer you the best pearl I received: If you're worried about anybody elses scores, you're done.
As you shoot more registered sporting clays you will experience bad days,if you haven't already. You'll find that M-Class guys have them too,bad months, and bad years. New guns,new jobs, new hips,new glasses, new medicines, new techniques, new wives, all things that could easily keep a guy from getting a punch in a year. That aside, many of the guys you see scoring at the bottom of Master Class would punch out of AA in a matter of months if they downgraded. There are even guys who, if they drop 10 birds and know they're out of it, make sure they drop another 15 or so to try and get a good "Lewis" number. Shocking, I know!

Some days I'm just as likely to shoot a 72 as a 92 but I'm not a real Master class shooter, We just call ourselves "local" Masters. It doesn't mean that on a good day one of us can't, wont, or haven't, beaten the best of them, just that day-in, day-out the big dogs win. We aren't that bad, they are just that GOOD!

It's not climbing Mt. Everest assuredly, most guys could do it given the time, money and inclination. There are guys in ALL of the NSCA classes that don't accept downgrades every year, a few possibly for ego issues, the vast majority because they don't think it would be fair to the class below them. I do registration at our club monthly events and a last week a 77 year old man told me to leave him in C class becuse all his buddies were in C class. I'd feel pretty crappy telling him no-go, wouldn't you?

ps. You'll also learn,there is definately more of a problem with people avoiding class UPgrades than downgrades. That is the situation that is unfair to the up-and-comers. Go to a big Blast event and check out the D-class winner with a pair of 91s for the weekend. Then check out his records,I guarantee then you'll have something to rant about.

pps,I got 14 punches last year so don't investigate me, please.

8 bore's right show us yours Joe! 535433

Last edited by concguy; 02/06/08 09:17 PM.