Miller,
My point is that one man's ethical activity can be distasteful or even distainful to another. An outsider (big game hunter)looking in at shotgun on-wing hunting has told me that the low probability of kills to shots fired could in itself be construed as an indicator of the ethical/unethical nature of the activity. As we all know, many rounds are fired per bird bagged on average across the country. Maybe some of our members are high percentage shooters at wild game, but I'm not one of them. On wild quail, I can recall burning a couple boxes of shells to one 10 bird limit on many occasions. Some would say that my shooting might be bad, maybe unethically bad. Maybe they're right, maybe not. I call it enjoying my relatively difficult, legal, hunting. I just don't think we need to call the kettle black since all of us are practicing a shooting activity that we wound game with routinely, if we actually do it. BTW, someone told me they read that the national average for shells fired to dove taken is something like 7 shots to one dove.

Last edited by Chuck H; 01/02/08 06:46 PM.