It's not for me to be arbiter of what other people do, Greg, but don't think for a minute Tommy hasn't got guts. When you look at the goings-on everywhere, from presidential aspirants to current governance, liberal, conservative, dictatorial, there's enough nonsense to go around. Great Britain is the Mother of Parliaments, a great democracy, responsible through the Commons and councils to the wishes of its people and, not least, for more than 200 years a willing and gallant ally of the United States. (I'm a little sensitive to broad accusations today because Canada's parliamentary ethics committee is currently probing a political scandal besmirching and impugning the integrity of honourable people.)

I guess I'm obligated to give an opinion of remarks concerning another country and its citizens. If I should criticize Americans for what they do, I'm not not anti-American i.e. Americans are mediaeval for clinging to capital punishment (although New Jersey rescinded its legislation today). If I should criticize Americans for being a nation of cowards, lacking guts---for what they "are"---that is anti-Amertican, spiteful and on the evidence not true.

On the evidence, the British people don't lack guts however they choose.

Last edited by King Brown; 12/14/07 02:08 PM.