JAZ,

The 20 gauge Fauneta cartridge and its ballistic characteristics can be duplicated without employing the LT capped bullet. The biggest hurdle, coming up with a powder that would generate the required velocity while keeping the pressure around 10,000 psi though after enough trail and error this too can be overcome. As Ross wrote in the DGJ another major obstacle is regulating the bullet diameter so its flight down the barrel is basically frictionless, but is large enough that the rifled choke is not stripped. Again, this obstacle can be overcome.

As Greg S. pointed out, Tom Armburst has compiled quite a bit of hard data on the WR Fauneta load. It is my understanding that Ross has taken the next step by trying to reproduce the original LT Fauneta load. If we could employ a machinist to reproduce the LT bullet in large quantity (bring unit costs down) I would certainly be interested in purchasing. I can't imagine the Ross' frustration trying to machine a 28 gauge LT bullet (though I'm sure his efforts made machining the 20 gauge seem like a "walk in the park").

I, too, heard that the WR Fauneta offered on GunsAmerica was never able to regulate. At the end of the day questions focused primarily on whether the barrels remain in their original alignment. Bore diameter was a bit large too.

Dave W. please keep us updated as to your progress.

Mike

The target lies within.