I would like to thank you all for the skinned birds and photos as, as Ken mentioned, it is my gun he is engraving. I notice that in Ian's pictures, especially one and three, its clear that those long tails seem to go in almost any direction!

Chicago - you mentioned my project, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures. Its an SX-1, very late serial number target grade with smooth sided receiver. I know this is a double gun site, so I hope you will forgive me posting auto pics (beside, data storage space is cheap these days! )

This is the left side of the receiver, and hence the inquiry into Pheasant geometry, with art overlaid on a picture of a factory Pigeon grade SX-1 I have. There is to be two pheasants if they will fit nicely, but at this point I am leaving all decisions of composition detail and proportion to Ken. He knows what aspects of this art interest me. Also, both Ken and I like better another example I had of short hairs so the dogs will be a little different, a little more dynamic of a pose. Finally, Ken has done a much more lush and interwined scroll on the gun and has left a bit more room for the game scenes than on the factory guns (which were also engraved by Ken's old company when he was contracted to do production work for Win).

Right side, we are staying with Wood ducks.

Blank being worked by Boone Berlin, purchased from Cecil Fredi

Gunsmithign to be done by Mr. Ernest Marlette who will also do some of the best high polish deep bluing I have ever seen, both receiver and barrel. Barrel is 28" vent rib thin wall choked by Briley for versitility.

Let me offer my thanks again to all for their help, although I know it was in response to Ken's request and reflects the respect we all have for him.

Last edited by Baron23; 11/20/07 06:42 PM.

Cheers

Stephen