Although i like the Lee Speeds very much there are not any real good donor actions available. All that are out there that would fit the bill are collector items anymore and expensive. I wouldn't modify history. So probably not on the LS
However, I am working on a completely new design of a single shot action that is completely inletted into a one pcs rifle stock. If you look in the British single shot books about Gibbs rook rifles you would get an idea.
If I go ahead with the project I will consider doing another thread like this one. There seems to be a good interest here, as documented by the +57000 hits on this one.
So far the design of the action has been completed in 3D solids and then 3D printed. Upon assembly it functioned and all the features work as designed. (To bad I can't 3D print it in steel and I would be done)
I call the design something like a modern Rook rifle, very light, fast handling and I am thinking using the 30-30 Win caliber. A very useful 30 caliber which as a hunting cartridge might only be second to the 30-06 in taking game and also killing bad guys (according to the cowboy movies smile ) We will see. Thanks for your interest.