Tinker,
For starters, if you wish, I can send you some pictures.
___
Picture a normal sized wooden rusting chamber, with a plexiglass front.
A large, 300 watt, lightbulb in the top right hand corner, for heat.
A foot or so from the bottom is mounted an odd shaped shelf that holds the various stands I've made, for barrels and small parts.
Below that is a 5 or 6" fan, set at an angle, to circulate air.
Below that, a heated pan, normally used for condensate removal in commercial refrigeration. It's temperature limited, with a safety, so that if I accidentally run it dry, it won't cause problems. It sits on a stainless steel bottom liner, that is insulated below,to protect the wood.
Left and from the top, is a hook for hanging barrels.
On the right, outside, the controls are mounted:
An electronic temperature control, with an LRD readout, and remote sensor,[located inside,right, rear], that controls the light bulb.
A box holding the relay that turns the de-humidity control,[mounted inside,front right], into a humidistat.
Down low, the main switch, which energizes the fan, as well as the two control circuits.
Up high, a series of three switches that energize the heat and humidity circuits and bypass the heat in case you want to see things on an "off" cycle for heat.
That about sums it up. The humidity control is a bit crude, with some overshoot that must be accounted for because the water pan and water in it remain hot, even after the stat quits calling. The only solution I could think of to remedy this was steam injection, which gets quite expensive. A little fine tuning of the control settings and this is not a problem, however.
I can rust quite quickly by kicking up both heat and humidity, or I can leave the humidity circuit off, and with water in the pan, get slower results if I need to be away, and can't monitor the process.
I can also remove the water pan, and use the contraption as a drying box, for stock refinishing. It keeps dust out fairly well, and the heat and air circulation speed drying time considerably.
The reason I offered to send pics, rather than post them here, is that I just haven't gotten around to opening an account with Photo-Bucket. Should anybody wish to do so, I can e-mail pics, and I don't mind if you post them. I will get around to setting up and figuring the process out, soon, I hope.
Jim
Oh, I don't have a wiring diagram for this thing. It's fairly simple,I just added circuits based on what was required for operation.