You don’t have to actually live in da UP eh…. that’s why we built the $100M bridge in 1957. It’s one of the few things we got right.

I live in Alpena. This whole side of the state is cedar swamp. The property values skyrocket west of I-75, so I live in the low rent district.

I can walk to a good hospital. They have a helicopter available for stuff they can’t handle. It’s part of the UM health system. Seriously good.

Many excellent shooting venues in northern Michigan. I belong to 6 clubs within 2 hours drive. 2 in town here.

Sure, we have stoogery in local government, and the taxes are forever increasing. Our state government is sliding toward communism, but by the time that takes full effect, we will both be long gone.

From here the UP is an easy day trip. I had a grouse crash into my garage window a couple years ago, so they are here too.

Come visit the area before you decide. I’m reasonably happy, been a transplant from Oakland County for 18 years. This is better than a big city and still has everything within striking distance.

Last edited by Shotgunjones; 01/02/24 08:53 PM.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble