I love spending other peoples money. A good friend of mine has asked me to help her purchase a new O/U for her husband. He has been shooting an 870 for years and he would like an O/U (field grade, 12 gauge) and so for their 25th she would like to buy him one with my help. She has $1,500 for this gun.

So off we went to Cabelas and Gander Mountain while her husband was away on business. There I showed her the usual Browning, Beretta, Ruger, Winchester, Franchi and Fausti. The Browning and Beretta would need to be the low end models. The Ruger RL is nice but very plain. Winchester was OK but she didn't like the high gloss finish. The Franchi Renaissance seemed like a nice gun for the money as did the Fausti. I know of all these guns except for the Fausti. However, I do know that Fausti also made guns for Traditions which I feel are junk. The Fausti line at Cabelas actually looked pretty good. Nice wood, nice metal to wood fit, nice engraving, choice of side plate or case colored etc. I have to say the Fausti seemed like a very nice gun for the money.

I am hoping some of you would like to help me spend her money wisely and offer your thoughts on the Fausti and others I mentioned. Please remember that I hunt and shoot clays and 5 stand with this guy so my reputation (butt) is on the line here. Although I have bought a number of guns over the years but most have been used and SxS.

Thanks.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold