After the pheasant opener last weekend, Gus and I went north to talk to a contractor and then grouse hunt. As always, we had a great time.

Gus turned 100 yrs old today, if you believe in the 7 dog years = 1 human year. If so, he still acts younger than me. If I don't lace up my boots fast enough, he gets pissed off and starts barking at me to hurry. Hard to ask for more.

A few pics of birds with the Kimbal/Skimin & Wood and a Cashmore Paragon. After never having even heard of a cinnamon grouse, I've now shot 2 of them this year and a friend shot a third. Beautiful, big birds, but the Spruce grouse are the most striking of all. Did anyone here contribute to the Minnesota DNR study on spruce grouse a few years ago? The results are now out in various forms.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ran into these guys clogging up the road (I didn't mind at all - it was fun to watch). They hooked up about 12 dogs and pulled off in their F250 flatbed with duals in the back. The dogs were louder than Hell, and having a ton of fun. Gus wanted to jump in and give it a try (or so he said).

I love being next to the water. This place never looks the same twice.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)