I took a second look at the 1912 DD barrel. I had recorded the number and photo when it was posted on Naurabuy. That posting no longer exists. However, trying to blow it up and make it clearer, the date could conceivably be 1918 - SN 17982.

J'ai jeté un deuxième coup d'œil au canon 1912 DD. J'avais enregistré le numéro et la photo lors de sa publication sur Naurabuy. Cette annonce n'existe plus. Cependant, en essayant de le faire exploser et de le rendre plus clair, la date pourrait être 1918 - NS 17982.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wildcattle noted that the change from the CGS system in Saint Etienne (centimeter, gram, second) to the MKS system (meter, kilogram, second) occurred in 1889. He believed the change back to the CGS occurred around WWI. Since I may have mis-read the 1912 . . .we'll re-open the question. A 1918 date would certainly make it easier to fit-in the Robust and the Canons Gallia.

Wildcattle a noté que le passage du système CGS à Saint-Étienne (centimètre, gramme, seconde) au système MKS (mètre, kilogramme, seconde) s'est produit en 1889. Il pensait que le retour au CGS s'était produit autour de la Première Guerre mondiale. Comme j'ai peut-être mal lu le 1912 . . .nous allons reouvrir la question. 1918 faciliterait certainement l'intégration du Robust et des Canons Gallia.

But for sure the change back to CGS had to have occurred by 1918. There is no mistaking the stamps on Skeetz's barrels.

Mais il est certain que le retour à CGS a dû avoir lieu en 1918. Il n'y a aucun doute sur les timbres sur les canons de Skeetz.

So now we need more Didier-Drevet dated barrels.

Last edited by Argo44; 07/19/23 09:06 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch