The only thing that needs to be right handed is my shooting.

What I find most difficult are the mental errors I make when playing the game. I caught myself holding the gun left handed when my turn came up on the last round of skeet. Sometimes, I dutifully keep my left eye open, just like I did for fifty seasons, and suffer some momentary befuddlement looking down the side of the gun in my right hand. Very simple stuff that is hard to keep at the front lobe. The sight picture has changed from what it used to be, but, it is hard to describe. The vision between the two eyes is so dramatically different there is no way to keep both eyes open, but, I have been trying to keep the left eye open as I mount the gun.

The shooting, when I get my ducks in a row at the line, is actually progressing nicely. I have a few perfect rounds under my belt. I’ve watched trap shooters on the line who had a compulsive looking routine on every shot, who would miss if they did something out of sequence or skipped a step. It seemed weird to me at the time, but, it might help to block the mental fumbles I seem to suffer.

Thanks for the tip. I’m guessing it is a mental game that will be resolved through the old standby, practice, practice, practice. Overcoming 50 years of muscle memory ain’t for sissies.

Best,
Ted