Interesting. I hadn't really thought weight was a huge deal. Particularly what could not be more than a couple ounces. I'll do some CAD and math later. My CAD software will give me the exact CI or CC of any solid model part. From there its simple mass X volume.

I was actually considering something more substantial on top. Functionally the equivalent of a modern raised rib. I don't have the skill to wire barrels together and regulate them like a real shotgun builder, by actually shooting them. I was thinking of just doing the layout in CAD, do little math, and set them up with blocks and fixtures so the theoretical center of the pattern should coincide at about 40 yards. Of course the machines (or myself) probably aren't capable of making the fixtures to that level of precision anyway, but... I planned to try.

Well, none of that today. I'm in the shop finishing up some custom fishing lure molds so I can get them shipped on Monday.

--
Bob La Londe - CNC Molds N Stuff
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a real machinist!