if you notice the photos posted by argo44, both show actions with the forward edge of the locks into the bar being much shorter than those of the supposed wr gun (the contours of argo's pictures form almost an S shape from the rear of the fence into the forward edge of the bar). but, that having been said, i have seen guns with both long and short bar shapes, that i was convinced were both triplex grip scott's actions.

several things to look for; first and foremost - look at the top of the action, for the two screws that secure the trapdoor to access the original scott's screw grip mechanism; second, look for other telltale scott's traits....such as, the gas venting work on the standing breech, the scott's forearm release, etc., and pay attention to serial numbers. i've seen guns with two sets of numbers - one from the "maker", and another that position the action smack dap in the triplex grip era of scott's production....scott's records for production are pretty well nailed down - and are posted herein.

i have seen guns that the lock shapes are not the same as those in argo's photos - and were on obviously triplex grip scott's actions. i suspect that the contours shown above were somewhat an inhouse style by w & c scott - another form of fancy-back shaping.

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland