Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Argo44
Prof. Brent, Dave is pretty much a one man show on his site. We had a conversation a few years ago about putting a photo hosting app onto this site. He looked into it. I guess it was just not economically feasible.

Dave works his rear off here to give us a forum; and he has by himself corralled for the most part the buffoons and totalitarians, who tried to wreck it three years ago. It's still for me the best site around with the most amazing and interesting expertises. And again for me is the easiest to use. I can pick and choose from every post...not having to go to cubby holes to see what is happening.

Life is not perfect. The site is darned good though. Just sayin and one man/s opinion (And I think I'll contribute a bit this weekend).

Gene Williams

Gene, everyone is free to do as he wishes. Back in the day, I paid. But the lack of everything (maintaining the software, keeping it relatively safe, enforcing the rules of conduct that he lays out, etc.), leaves me wondering why I should continue to pay. I prefer not to reward him for doing nothing. That's all. If the local shop won't update their equipment to service vehicles, I'm not likely to pay them to maintain my truck, no matter how nice and hard working and knowledgeable they might be. This, of course, is not a very nice place, the tools are antiquated at best, and may even be a security risk to the users. Yet, it does still have a few knowledgeable people here, though ever fewer.

Dave can always make this a by-subscription only board if he so chooses. So far, he has chosen not to. Just as he has chosen not to invest in maintaining this forum. That is his call, and his alone. If he wants my money, he will have to modernize the software and services. He has known that for a long time.

What a free loading pos.