No Preacher, I have never experienced any flinch or "yips" problems, as you have. My Dad taught me the importance of self-control and control of psychological and physiological responses pertaining to accurate shooting beginning before I ever first pulled a trigger on a .22 rifle. He was into shooting accurately, and knew all about the importance of controlling breathing, managing heart or pulse rate, and staving off things like 'Buck Fever'' that cause inaccuracy. I think he would have made a great sniper.

He was also an excellent shot with a shotgun, and there he emphasized the different shooting style versus a rifle. With the shotgun, it was more about quick reaction times in response to flushing game, or different presentations while skeet shooting. When I was about 13 years old, we stepped to the edge of a large rock overlooking a hollow and a grouse flushed loudly, only a couple yards below us. I hesitated, and it quickly got out of range. He calmly told me, "We're not bird-watching today. You gotta shoot quick if you want to eat grouse." One only has a fraction of a second or so to identify the target, ascertain that it is safe to shoot, mount the gun, establish lead as required, and fire before the target is obscured by brush, leaves, or is simply out of range. The controlled trigger squeeze of rifle or handgun was replaced by the quick slap that Stan spoke of here a couple days ago. Unfortunately, I have to say from personal experience that shooting fast and shooting well can create the negative effect of having your hunting buddies call you nasty names like "Game Hog". I can deal with that.

I've always told myself that a hard kicking gun isn't going to recoil any less if I allow that to make me miss. That seems to work OK for me. I could equal my Dad with a rifle, and do better with a handgun, especially at rapid fire combat shooting. But I have to admit he was better than me with a shotgun. He was a natural who could run a straight after months with no practice. I usually need a little tune-up to get back in form, and still miss a few that he would turn to dust with his Polychoked 870 pump.

Your admission of flinching while using a computer mouse had me laughing hysterically. I mean, my gosh... we aren't talking about a soldier with PTSD who flinches because his next step might detonate an I.E.D. or land mine, or he saw a buddy wounded or killed. I don't think my comment was toxic trolling at all.

I work with computers constantly as part of my job, and cannot say either I or any of my co-workers ever had the "Yips" or a flinch while clicking a mouse. I'm laughing again just thinking about it! That could even be dangerous or catastrophic if I toggled a bit or forced something in PLC Logic at the wrong moment due to an errant mouse click. I could cause unexpected machine movement that could injure or kill someone or cause millions in damage. At the other extreme, I also work with sensitive electronics that could be destroyed if my hand isn't steady, and a shaky hand or flinch could cause me to put a tool in a place where very high voltages could literally vaporize a screwdriver causing severe burns, or electrocute me. It's a bit different than putting a couple stitches in a Boy Scout who cut himself with his Scout knife.

True story though... several weeks ago, I was doing my end of shift reports, Emails, etc. and the cursor on the screen inexplicably kept jumping just as I would click my mouse. For a moment, I blamed it on the new PC's that the IT Dept. provided a short time ago. They had given us a lot of problems and we all lost important files and documents we had saved. Then I noticed a small black object in the USB port. It stuck out perhaps 4 m/m and was as wide as the USB slot. I removed it and turned to the young guy sitting behind me and asked him if he thought I should smash it with a hammer? He said, "I wish you wouldn't.", and then produced the wireless mouse that he was using to prank me. He admitted that he had colored the tiny USB stick with a black Sharpie marker so I wouldn't notice it, and was surprised I caught on so quickly. It was all in good fun, and it didn't leave me with a scary Mouse Flinch, "Yips", or night sweats.

Next time you use a mouse Preacher, relax, take some deep breaths, and maybe try some Yoga beforehand. Slowly repeat the mantra, "Get a grip... get a grip... get a grip...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.