Originally Posted by LeFusil
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Tom-Meyer
Looking at a 20ga R15 Darne as imported by Stoger. My questions are do they have a good reputation for quality and durability? Also, the one I am looking at appears to have a high gloss finish, do they all? Thanks for any input new to Darnes and trying to learn. Thanks Tom

If you can shoot it before you buy it or as part of the inspection, that might be a good idea. Of course, many would not allow it. Some of them do not regulate (mine + others). In discussing remedies with respected gunsmiths, this is not uncommon.

You’re so full of crap. I’ve owned, handled, shot, hunted, worked on more Darnes than most people besides Ted will ever have a chance to. I’ve NEVER seen, shot, heard of or owned a poorly regulated Darne.
Who are these so called respectable gunsmiths and owners that told you a baldly regulated Darne isn’t uncommon? Gimme a break.

Any owners here own a badly regulated Darne? Anyone????
Btw….having a stock that doesn’t fit or aftermarket custom barrel work does not count as bad regulation.

Like Ted said earlier, the chokes in a Darne take some understanding….if a so called respectable gunsmith jacked the chokes up during an adjustment….that’s definitely not on Darne.
Now….some Darnes prefer certain loads for sure. Ted and I both owned a Bruchet built R-15 20 bore that absolutely detested 7/8 Oz loads, but patterned 1 Oz #6’s beautifully.

This reminds of when ol’ Rasputin aka Geno said he’s seen barrels in gunshops full of old loose Darnes. Exactly like your comment here…a giant load of crap.

Well, I have the patterns, repeated them many times. That you haven't heard of a poorly regulated Darne only says you know less about them than me. Gun fit and was unmolested. probably 95% condition actually. I posted pictures of it here. There is no doubt at all that it is poorly regulated from the factory. You might ask around a bit more, and then apologize.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]