Hello HalfaDouble,

When I first obtained this rifle I searched Google and found all these references about the actions.

"..... The only 11.2 × 72 Schuler rifles in existence now are the August Schuler Model 34 rifles made before World War II . Due to the rifles being built on a cheap military issued standard Mauser 98 action , all the factory Ammunition was manufactured so that the 11.2 × 72 Schuler bullets were seated really abnormally deep into their cartridges , so that the Cartridges could be made to fit into the standard M98 magazines. This of course caused case capacity issues due to not enough powder being put into the cases.

It's seems to me that the case capacity issues caused by the deeply seated bullets in the factory 11.2mm ammo is what caused it to die out. ... but as l mentioned earlier , this was a necessity in order to make the cartridges fit the standard length cheap issued Mauser 98 actions on which these Model 34 Schulers were built.

Other calibers on the 98 standard length action were the .500 Jeffery, .458 in Mag, .425 Westley Richards the 11.2x72 Schuler

The overall loaded length of the 11.2x72 cartridge was such that it would fit in a standard 98 action without modification. It was later adopted by numerous European rifle manufacturers and was utilized in the German African protectorates as a big game cartridge. ....."