Goody! Brent has rejoined the discussion. Having read the good Dr. Drew's links, at least skimmed, then I would ask. After nearly 40 years of no tox shot has there been a documented,(proved) mass die off? Looks like most suffered a less than 3% mortality on a limited number of ducks, sporadically, in certain locations dependent on weather. Die offs were limited to specific locations dependent on the type of bottom and depth of the marsh. Different species are affected differently. Available food seems to play a role. Could protection of nesting habitat mitigate the losses?
Next questions;
How many fewer hunters today as opposed to 1970, 80? Does anyone seriously think that hunter's numbers will increase? Not in the near future I'd sadly wager. I'm not personally interested in hunting waterfowl, some are, I support your efforts! This raises the question. On average how many rounds would you shoot in a season? I find hunting grouse and pheasant that a couple boxes maybe three usually suffice. I mean you can only eat so many. There is a possession limit after all.
Chief