Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Karl Graebner
KY Jon - Brent,
I've been in same boat since the disappearance of RST shells and the like. Kent shots hells had some 2 1/2" available, but with only 3/4 oz. of shot. I've recently scored a bunch of Fiocchi and Rio 2 3/4 " shells loaded with 7/8 oz. shot at 1200 fps. I've shot them in my 2 1/2 " chambered Churchill with great results. The hulls show no harm at all to the ends, and they feel better than the RST's did. Perhaps just reloading the shortest 2 3/4 " measured shell to the 20 gauge equivalent would work. I have to admit, I haven't missed the 1 oz. that I normally shot.
Hope this helps,
Karl

Karl, I have 1 flat left of those same RIO loads. They are really nice to shoot and I don't suffer any damage to my scores either.

I have been reloading near equivalents of that load as well using American Select powder and some others. I'll be adapting that to the 2" gun, if and when I find one.

Brent,
Loaded as such, the pressure feels low and the ends of the hulls in 2 1/2 " guns have no burns/splits or damage what so ever. I suspect that the shot string is improved as well. The solution for your proposed 2" gun would be quite different I'm sure.
Karl