I did so offer. Headache gone; tux at the cleaners; late nite coffer jitters. I loved the thought from Doc that the process that produces the purely aesthetic (if there is such a thing) may LATER be found to be a process that provides desirable characteristics of the engineering kind. Hadn't thought that way myself; thought you get the surface look from a process as a manipulatible by-product but still just a byproduct (cf. color-producing case hardening). I think the vinings and branchings and twistings of the "organic" seen in the arabesque borders are a celebratory rendering of the sinuous, bending, pliant and resilient strength of of the plant kingdom and also of the wonderfully useful things that are made by processes imitative of "natural" growth: weaving, twisting, bundling. Now Joe, I'm just trying to make this here hemp into rope--not smoke it so don't get your knickers in a twist. I don't know that Doc's view of things even differs much from the R&D approach of Tom Edison or Uncle Dupee's flubber mixers. Sometimes you get the stuff right off the vine, sometimes you imitate the vine to make the stuff (molecular chemistry), and sometimes you make some superstuff that you don't know what for until the invention mothers necessity. Doc, you must have loved that PBS series "Connections" a few years back.

jack