Mark, you have me wondering if my G is legit, I think it is and always thought it was a cleanup parts gun or rush to fill an order gun. I’ve seen higher grade marked barrels on low grade guns and figured they were some reason for the upgrade, like rush orders or putting on a set of32” barrels on a gun made with 30” barrels to fill an order. On my gun the stock looks factory and aged like the gun, not a later replacement. The lines don’t match up from a pistol grip to straight grip conversions. We have all seen some poorly done conversion.

I don’t recall if I pulled the trigger guard to see if the serial number or grade is stamped. It may be a few days before I can get a chance to pull it off for a good look, see. But I have seen a couple without stamps so the lack is not a certain disqualifier. For that matter nothing makes it impossible to stamp it to match.

I almost bought a B or C grade which had a stock with plainer wood than I expected and no frame or barrel stamp. With the sellers permission, I pulled the trigger guard to see if the Grade or Serial number was marked. No marking we’re present. None at all and it did not look like any ever did so I concluded it might be a switched stock with a very long ago checkering upgrade or this was just the best blank on hand. So it’s real grade was unproven. For the asking price not knowing was too big of a gamble to me. I would not be amazed to see that same gun with a stamp today. I understand grade stamps were added to stop retailers from claiming low grade guns were higher grade guns.