Check out treelineusa.com and/or Etsy for both walking sticks and blanks. Fairly easy to make one and Treeline has all the goods for finishing your own.

I have 5-6 laying around the house I've made over the years, using blanks I've cut from our property which include hawthorn, hazel nut, walnut, a few from Douglas fir, locust, heartnut and applewood and I don't remember what else. I've given away most I've made to friends and family. The freshly cut stems are easy to peel when wet and green, but they have a tendency to split or check, so I usually let them dry with the bark on before I peel them, after which I usually sand out any smaller branches I've cut off, smooth to the main stem and then finish it with an oil type of finish. I also drill a hole for the lanyard and may or may not epoxy on a sharp pre-fab spike with a rubber screw on cover to be used in various terrain types and ground cover. If I'm ambitious on a staff project and I usually am, I'll cut and shape an end cap, usually walnut and attach to the staff with a dowel and epoxy. I don't do fancy carvings or inlays.

Cameron Hughes