Bill, great story on moving the Bridgeport. They are so top-heavy that the best way to move one was the way you did it.
When I was working, our shop was getting remodeled and there was this massive Fosdick Radial Arm drill press that had to be moved. It was moved just as you described.

journeyman, what pictures would you like on the assembly? If the barrel wall measurements I didn't take any using the xy table on the big drill press. What I will tell you is even though the table is big it is only supported by the 4" column with a rank for up and down. Table is still shaky so I used two 2x4'a on each side of the table and lowered the table onto them and then locked the table to the column. This really helped in stabilizing it using the 3/4" drill chuck with a 1/4" ball end mill.
I also had to mill out an area for the spring loaded arm that is tapered to accommodate the brass arm so that when compressed into the slot the rod that the barrel goes over has to measure .625 Also and the ball has to be right across from the spring.

Someone, not mentioning name, said that this type gage and the Hosford gage will not work because of flex. I can't believe that because if it did you would not be able to repeat your measurements within .001-002 reading in the same exact area.

Last edited by David Williamson; 12/13/22 03:34 PM.

David