Drew,
Thanks. I have, for many decades told people, that the 10 commandments is the finest life roadmap in existence, regardless of denomination.

But, the rabbit hole I was peering down was the implication that some on the far left are, or, consider themselves to be Christians. The belief systems from that side of the political spectrum seem to be diametrically opposed to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

“He does demand that we be good citizens and obey the civil authorities, however” .

I believe this is your quote, not directly attributed to scripture or the writings of anyone in particular. But, when I looked at the riots happening, right down the street, basically, it would be hard to reconcile any of those festivities with the teachings of Christ. At least to me. I would bet many of the participants in those three days of mayhem, went to church the following week.

I would guess that many can’t see the conflict between the political beliefs, and the religious beliefs. Not everyone who walks out of a church on Sunday is a good Christian, or even a run of the mill Christian, in my observation.

I am a layman. I know you see that. I don’t find the thread unfortunate, either.

Peace on earth. Goodwill toward men.

Best,
Ted