Yeah Lloyd, it's a wonderful time of the year. I'm busily trying to wrap up yard work, getting studded snow tires mounted on vehicles, oiling undersides to protect against road salt, and of course, prepping for our deer rifle season opener next weekend. It's supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow, so I'll go out back to sight in the flintlock and the .45-70.

It was 17 degrees here this morning, not far from your hometown, and the ground had snow cover ... as further proof of global warming. I hear they had around 4 feet of lake effect snow near Buffalo a few days ago. The leaves seemed to drop a bit sooner than usual this year, making visibility in the woods great, but grouse were still very scarce in Venango and Clarion County. However, a buddy told me that they were more plentiful than he's seen in many years in Potter County, so hopefully the population loss is finally turning around. I got a doe tag for 2F, so will probably spend some time hunting in Forest County next week. This is why I save a lot of my vacation time for the end of the year. Happy hunting.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.