Had my first cold/flu/bug thing in years this fall, after the wife brought it home from the elementary school she teaches at. It knocked her on her ass for five days or so, nothing like that for me, but, it did feature a persistent, snotty, cough. Kid might have had a runny nose for a day.
It did impact hunting season. But, there is plenty of work to do prepping for winter, on mine and my brothers property. Him being in the nursing home has given me another home to care for.
The last of my Father’s deer rifles came to live at my house a few weeks past. They are my brothers, technically, but, truth be told, a double amputee isn’t likely to need them, any time soon. I didn’t want to leave them in the unoccupied house. I have four deer rifles on site, and I think I fired one of them, one time, circa 1981.

I never caught the big game bug. I get it, I just don’t do it.

Give the boy my regards, and you two have safe travels, there and back. I have a to die for chili recipe that calls for elk or antelope, or, better yet, both, but, I haven’t had either in a few years. Made it with moose last time, any of the above makes a fine meal.

Happy trails, Lloyd.

Best,
Ted