The line has evolved from Diggory to motor sports. I'll share with you all a cure to addiction. "Do not love what cannot love you back."

Many years ago I bought the fastest 1953 DBD-34 BSA Gold Star 500 single in North Carolina and took it to Alabama before going to Vietnam the first time. Over the next few years I put it back in order with a competition clutch, new racing magneto, everything...even spraying off the mud from the NC dirt tracks. There came a point with parent's garage filled with DBD-34 frames and spare parts that enough was enough. I got rid of all of it (trading it for a Norton Commando in pristine condition in disassembled form in boxes) and never again embarked on the nostalgic.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I drove my CJ-7 for 25 years all over India, Pakistan, Greece, the Balkans, Italy, France. My kids grew up in the back seat. The a/c never worked and we travelled with open windows in Crete stopping at road sides to get drinks. I elected not to do the work myself to restore it in 2014 and sold it to a former Marine who had two young kids that wanted to do fix it (though it was still running well...with bits of rust here and there). Basically though it was a rolling death trap with no airbags etc. (the Decals on the back window are code. if deciphered you are truly a historian)

You guys do your 1970's thing. Been there, done that.. and outside of shotguns that I can shoot, I welcome modernity. Just bought myself a new Wrangler JL Willys...back to the good old days. Except I don't have to spend $800 year in maintenance. And Jeep has finally fixed that crappy transmission after 14 years. (To demonstrate how close this one is to the CJ...wife, first time in the jeep, reached over to roll down the window. That showed we were close to nostalgia).

Last edited by Argo44; 11/18/22 11:42 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch