Anyone can learn to shoot a light gun. But you have to do it. Most people here and elswhere, shoot heavy guns at the range for trap and so forth, but then don't shoot well with a lighter, "whippy" gun. How many times has that been said here and on every other shotgunning forum? If you shoot light guns, they shoot every bit as well as heavy guns.

I spent the summer shooting a couple rounds of trap almost every week with a 26", 6# gun, from low-gun position. I can hit better with that gun now than any other I own. That's no surprise, it's just learning to shoot it. Moving back to a 7.25# gun is problematic. No surprise there either. I don't shoot long, ponderous guns well - because I haven't been shooting them. Maybe next year, I'll shoot a couple rounds of each and get used to going back and forth. Sort of like learning to shoot both Single triggers and double triggers.

Today, however, I made a really nice, longish, but super quick shot on a slicing grouse. Never would have happened with a 30", 7+# gun. I also covered 14 hot miles of rough ruffed grouse ground for the 3rd day in a row. 6# beats 7# every single time. It will tomorrow also.

Battle, I tried one of those off the shoulder shots today. Never had a chance.... smile

Last edited by BrentD; 11/03/22 10:21 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]