[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

Could you pleasure us with an image of the other flat of the ejector gun and also the water-table? Is the word >>Safe<< on the top tang?

The stamps of the S in a Chevron note the Krupp tubes were sourced from the Schilling forge and more than likely performed a couple tasks on the tubes.

AW are the initials of the tubeset knitter and I will search for matches.

I would 1st guess the longarm originated in Zella-Mehlis and the adornment was either by Gustav Ernst or a student of Ernst. I do not think at all that Austrian Rudolph Kornbrath contributed any effort. An American engraver would not have put an Auerhahn/Capercaillie on the floorplate. The Anson & Deeley Body Action longarm looks to be for export and was totally made in Zella - Mehlis. The word >>Stahl<< on the tubes were read instead Steel if the tubes were sourced in the rough bore state from Germany. Too, with the steel terms Krupp & Germany coupled, that would note export as every German well knew Krupp. The tubes wear the preliminary shot test but I am curious where the full regiment of German proofmarks might be? One might say that Fred Adolph worked them off in making the longarm. But I state that is a very low probability and Fred Adolph had connections, didn't want to pay for the proof fee and since the longarm was destined to a country that did not have proof laws, then managed to circumvent the German proof effort. Fred Adolph made few guns, maybe finished a few stocks? But the sourced his wares from the talented mechanics from Suhl & Zella-Mehlis. Look at his business modell & why he went broke. He wasn't sourcing components and finishing weapons, he was purchasing them completed in the final state. That's what broke him when clients didn't pay.

Also, with the tubeset knitter being a German mechanic, the longarm was brought to a final state in Germany and shipped to the U.S. of A. Fred Adolph was a Firearms merchant @ Best and had bolts of Wool.

More images of the marks will substantiate the above hypothesis, actually reality.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse