Originally Posted By: GregSY

Dogfox is 100% right.

I have to laugh at the way so many shooters flock to Sherman Bell as if he's the Second Coming.

I won't comment as to whether or not his 'findings' are ultimately valid or not - that's because I don't know. Neither does he.

I assume all the guys who take Bell's articles as hard fact have no background in mathematics, statistics, engineering, science, or production. 'Cuz if they did they would immediately spot that his work is meaningless as it ignores the basic rules of statistics and science.

I'd type more but I'm too busy; I'm in the process of writing a new set of rules for physics that will be very popular as they are a lot more forgiving than the current ones.

Laughing is good for all of us. I don't take Sherman Bell as the "second coming" at all. I'm not sure I believe there was a "first coming". I DO however, give him a lot of credit for doing what the titles of his articles state: "Finding out for Myself". He's not simply a parrot, as most gun writers are, repeating "conventional wisdom" blindly, without ever testing anything for themselves. I'll be content to accept his findings, being just an ignorant mechanic, who spent my adult career making the creations of engineers, work.
BTW, "Conventional Wisdom" is not wisdom at all, it's on the same level as "old wives tales" and "urban legends". Often repeated BS is still BS.

> Jim Legg <