You can not time the gun market any more than the stock market in my opinion. Select the ones you want to sell and either list them fairly priced and hope for a buyer to come along or send them to the auction house and sell them that way. In the past I have sent about 70 guns to Gunrunner in lots of 10-15 at a time. All low graded gun or field guns in good but not pristine conditions. All but half a dozen sold for what I thought was the right price. Of the six I thought four went way to cheap and two went way, way to high.

I have been thinking about sending another group of 20 up for sale in two lots and perhaps sending a few better guns to LS&B. The only reason I have not done this already is that there is nothing right now I want to buy so do not have much motivation to sell a few off. If I buy a decent cased pair of gun from the next Holt's Auction I might need to move a few guns. Right now there are three that appeal to me but nothing that I just must buy or my day is ruined type interest. I think with the economic unrest there might be a leveling off of mid graded guns or even a decrease in price. I see a lot of pairs which were in the 7-10,000 pound price range which are estimated in the 4-6,000 pound range. If the market is dropping off I might find a decent pair for my limited budget.