Had a call this morning from my close shooting buddy. This guy was responsible for fueling my addiction in English guns. But I could tell he was distraught very fast into the conversation. Started by saying he had just left Fed Ex shipping his nice Boss to a dealer up north. And plans on shipping his Purdey pigeon gun tomorrow as well.
All his other English guns are going as well. Mostly Grants.
His frustration stems from multiple things and last week something happened that broke the camel's back so to speak. Seems he is fed up with repair costs, wait times on repairs (I'm talking months), no 2 1/2" shells nowhere to be found.
But the straw last week was he just got one gun back after months wait at this well know dealer / repair shop and paid almost $1400 for one repair only to find they had scratched the blueing off one of the barrels.
I suppose I should have seen it coming. I mean it's true about everything he was saying. It's expensive for repairs and the long wait. I want a leather pad installed and had to get on a wait list three months ago and still have a month to wait before I just take it there. No telling how long it will be before I see it again.
No ammo and if you find any the cost is more than I can stand, but I pay it anyway.
So for me to hear this guy say all this it just comes back to me everything I have been seeing and hearing for the last two years.

Mike Proctor