English guns are certainly going for prices much lower than they were. Top names and those of high quality should always keep their value but since the talk of the ban on lead shot here those guns of lower quality or with some with damascus barrels have taken a knock in price. A plain boxlock non-ejector with no issues will go for next to nothing. Talking to one Gun Dealer the other day he told me he doesn't take in second hand guns unless being sold on commission following a family death. Another Dealer I know has what he calls his scrap pile and showed me a Claborough sidelock non-ejector; fairly well used and sleeved by Westley Richards on the pile because it has a broken firing pin and the cost of repair would outway the £50 or so he could get for it. To top that I was given a rather nice Thomas Bland hammer gun, nitro proofed with damascus barrels, because he said he couldn't sell it even though it has no issues. I am buying guns now because I like them and adding to my collection and not bothering about the investment problem. Best investments here seem to be those classed as antiques which require no certification and muzzle loaders. With the pound to dollar situation as it is at present now is the time to go looking for bargains on this side of the pond rather than investments and enjoy using a decent gun at an affordable price. I'm having fun looking for them! Lagopus.....