Originally Posted by FelixD
I acquired my few double guns because they intrigued me. It was, and still is, a matter of how they move, their balance, their design, and their quality. It was also a fascination with the period and the place they came from. They connected with some innermost elements of my existence. Reselling them has never part of the ownership process. For me these things have far greater value than just money. I’ve never considered them an investment.

Exactly how I feel about them. If I was looking for an investment, there are many better, more liquid things to invest in.

Everything can be bought low and sold high. The question is do we have the time and energy to learn to do it well with any particular category of item. My business career was spent buying things and selling them. I devoted 40 plus hours a week to that for over 30 years. I still occasionally made mistakes, even at the end. I buy guns because i like them. My heirs can worry about the ROI.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia