logic says, so long as there is sufficent metal in first foot or so of barrel, catastropic barrel failure should not occur...

fox 20 and 16 gauge guns were built on the same frame size...

o frame parkers came in 16 and 20 ga...

it would be educational if members here with any of those guns would post barrel wall thicknesses here...

re 16 ga fox...have three for sale at the moment, two philles and one utica gun...all three measure .090 in front of chambers...

once has a light 16 ga fox that measured .085 in front of chambers...new owner promised to shoot rst 7/8 ounce loads only...

this barrel wall thickness thing does not seem to apply to american made guns...but does seem to apply to some very light weight european guns...a particular french made gun comes to mind...customer wanted chambers opened to 2 3/4"...brought it to old ed for evaluation and alteration...he measured barrels in front of chambers and muttered..."not a good idea"...there may have been others, but i dont remember...i do remember him opening chambers on quite a few american made guns...

boy do i miss him...i feel like lee at gettysburg...handicapped without jackson and blind without stuart...

Last edited by ed good; 09/20/22 11:00 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...