Obviously members here have aged, seems common everywhere. Yes, the peak in the double gun market has passed. Most of us may be pretty well settled in our current SxS's but plenty of people are still buying and not just doubles but a variety of vintage guns. I could never have predicted how much vintage British bolt guns have risen in value the last few years. A year or so ago I sold a British single shot for a client for over 35K, I do not know of another that has sold for more. The market shifts but interest in vintage guns is not dead.

The apprentice could not make the move to my new shop, too far of a commute for him. I'm too young to sell my business and generally one man craftsman operations are not in much demand on the market no matter the craft. Gunsmiths are certainly no exception in that regard. What I will tell you about importing is that it has been surprisingly strong and I hear the same from the auction houses and foreign dealers. Americans are buying plenty of guns, maybe not as many doubles as 10 years ago but they still are buying.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns