Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by spring
…and while I’ve found that you can order things from his web site, that has little to do with whether or not that item is in inventory and will ever be shipped to you. Communication to resolve such issues, from my experience, is frustrating at best.
It may be his business model, but I’d have a tough time endorsing it as an efficient or good one.

Because none of us are privy to his net profit figures or the growth (or contraction) of his business, I'd suggest you haven't a damn clue whether it's a good or efficient business model. It may not be one you would chose, either to run or to buy from, but that's immaterial.

And John, given you "liked" spring's post, I'd suggest your "Not judging, just asking." was disingenuous at best.

I appreciate your kind thoughts, but from the perspective of a customer of Jeff's and the inefficiencies, lack of responses to inquiries, and the frustrations of wondering if ordered items will ever arrive, to include some that didn't, my view on whether he is running a good business may have some merit, further accentuated by the simple fact that in this thread some are even wondering if he's still in business. In your view, all of that may be inconsequential to evaluating a business model, but it's possible that to others, it may have some relevancy.

You are happy with all of your interactions with Jeff's and no doubt others are as well. Apparently others have not seen the same results. For the sake of his business, I hope the latter are in short supply.