At 63 and still in good health I don't know that I've finished accumulating favorite guns. I can see my newly acquired Jackson 20 gauge being one to carry into geezerdom. At 5 pounds 4 ounces it shouldn't tax even a dottering, older version of me. I can see keeping the Ithaca 37S 16 around for a long time as well as a svelt Beretta Blackwing 20. My Cogswell and Harrison 12 is pretty light but a frailer, older Marty might find 12 bore loads a touch uncomfortable. We haven't arrived there yet. There's an Arthur Hill 16 arriving today at my LGS. It may be my new favorite. Time will tell.

I cannot see ever parting with my 400 Whelen. It's a tad heavy but it is my all time favorite rifle build and big game rifle. I have a left handed Remington 700 KS Mountain rifle in 300 H&H that's been with me since 1993. It won't go anywhere. Additionally I have some left handed mini Mausers in 17 Rem, 6mmx222 and 25x222 that are perfect for much of what I'll hunt in Idaho once we get moved. And well suited weight wise for old dudes. My Dad's Winchester 67 single shot will stay around until I pass it to a family member.

The only gun I ever parted with due to my age, or rather my arthritic wrists, was a Linebaugh built 500 Linebaugh. Beautiful revolver and wonderfully accurate but even with light loads it was a bit more than my wrists wanted to take. I still shoot a Bisley 480 and haven't found it punishing yet. I'll move down notch when it does. A couple 44 Specials and 41 magnums will probably always be at home with me. Surprisingly, I've grown quite fond of a Glock 44. It seems to find it's way into my kit on nearly every outing. Mine is superbly accurate and dependable with 15 of the 17 22 LR loads I tried in it and weighs 16 skinny little ounces fully loaded.