Reloading 2 1/2" is quite simple to the point I don't even bother with 2 3/4 for those so chambered. Lots of good info here. One thing about roll crimps which I use for waterfowl and predator loads is that they are pretty much a onetime deal as the mouth of the hull is damaged enough that crimping it again is difficult without spending time trying to reform them, which makes usually free (from trap range dumpster) very attractive for roll crimping. Fold crimp shells can be re-used quite often.

Roll crimped waterfowl loads in Euro hulls cut to 2 1/2"
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

As for brass re-sizing the Mec 600 will re-size the brass part of the hull but not the rim. Numerous reloads will increase the size of the rim especially if you set the sizing ring on the Mec too deep and pancake the rim. A Mec Super Sizer or a Mec 700 with the Super Sizer built in will solve the problem. I will say that it was 50 yrs of reloading shotshells before I invested in a Super Sizer and there were times before the Super Sizer that I bought shot by the ton. My wife and I were shooting leagues five nights a week and tournaments on the weekend.

Short shell kit on a Mec 600, If your handy they can be easily made at home but are cheap enough that I find it easier to buy them. The black plate on the base to the left of the post.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by oskar; 08/05/22 10:26 AM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.