tank, I did compare the Remington RP12 with the WAA12R and noticed the crusher portion was the same length, but the RP12 had a longer shot cup. I have reloaded shotshells for years and I remember way back, thinking that the data was an almost bizarre array of elements requiring a cosmic like alignment of components found and purchased. Having a bunch of spent hulls could often be the beginning of a futile search for matching wads, powder, and primer to attempt to make the desired loading. Now after all these years I find out that Winchester makes a (currently ClayBuster)wad for a 1&3/8 ounce load that is purposed because the bottom of the wad offers the clearance, and for some unknown reason they made the shot cup too short! As you say it was a wad intended for 1&1/8 ounce loads. And I feel like I'm the one trying to be too economical when it is Winchester being a cheapskate. I did a search of Hodgdon data for Winchester, Remington, and Federal hulls, and they, at least, offer no current loads with the WAA12R. I'll have to go back and check the CB wad. Maybe tomorrow I'll look in my old manual to see how it might otherwise be used. I am thinking of making some Bismuth loads using it.