My credit card is linked to my pay pal account. I know my refund was more than 30 days out. Not much, but, I was hoping to get what I ordered for too good a deal. It was not through EBay, for whatever that is worth. When I placed the order, pay pal told me they would provide shipping information, which, of course, never came. Near instantaneous refund.

The credit card company caught the last scam, generated from a purchase at Numrich, who were hacked, and sent a note not to pay for four charges that appeared on the bill. Told me to cut up the card, and had a new one, in my hand, in perhaps 3-4 days.

I had a bit of fun with the Asians who called land lines, spoofing the phone number of the FBI, and asking me to pay my fine with a gift card from Target. I’d call him back on an 800 number he provided and recite the first 25 numerals for Pi, and thank him for not sending Officer Joe to arrest me. Then he would call back, and I would change the last number, apologizing profusely for getting it wrong. He tried for about a week. It was all I could do to keep a straight face on the phone.

Best,
Ted