I bought a Lindner yesterday on Gunbroker after wanting one for a while. Probably gave too much but I'm not getting any younger. Actually it is one I hadn't seen for sale before. I read somewhere on the board, but can't find it now, a reference to a list being put together to document the earlier guns. I thought some one may know the link I am quoting. I would like to report the details and see if the gun was already listed or had any known history.

It is a 12 gauge Lindner Daly with a scalloped action, carved fences, no side clips with a crossbolted extension. Engraving is floral; no animals. Stocks in decent shape and an excellant quality of burl and black streaking. Nice checkering. The barrels are 28" Damascus with prominent pattern showing. Chokes Mod and Full. Top and bottom ribs are fancy laminate. Gun has ejectors. Stock is 1-3/8 x 2-7/8 x 14-1/8. Deeley forend latch with a wood wedge. 2-5/8" chambers. Proofs show HAL over pistols, serial number 969, barrels marked 1177. PRUSSIA marked on water table.

The gun weighs 6 # 3 oz. THe top rib is marked Charles Daly Fine Damascus Bbls Featherweight.

I am guessing from the research I have been doing that this is a Model 185 Featherweight, circa 1900-1901. The condition seems to be solid and presentable but needs a very good cleaning including maybe a good sonic cleaning session. (I have a 25" deep double frequency tank that can do a whole gun including barrels as long as they are run twice with reversing.) I don't have a photo hosting account right now, but you can view the auction pictures at www.gunbroker.com/item/936048750 .

I would appreciate any comment on the gun and if my assumed pedrigree is close. Has there been any record of this gun that anyone is aware of, and is the featherweight designation an uncommon model?