Originally Posted by Drew Hause
Understood gentlemen, but I think we need to grant Parker Bros. some jounalistic license regarding their small bore marketing campaign.

No Preacher, we don't "need to grant Parker Bros. some jounalistic license regarding their small bore marketing campaign."

The "advent of the small bore gun" happened long before Parker Bros. Gun Co. was founded in 1867. To suggest that they were responsible for the birth of small bore shotguns is totally incorrect. It is the same sort of false and misleading information as your assertions that small bore Ithaca Flues guns and Fox guns have some factory design defect that makes them prone to frame cracking.

We have quite enough Fake News in our world without bringing it to the Doublegunshop forum too. Before Parker Bros. existed, there were pinfire shotguns and shells produced in 16, 18, 20, 24, and 28 gauge. There were even .360 bore pinfire shotguns. Small bore guns were in use long before there were self-contained cartridges. There were small bore flintlock fowlers, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that there were small bore wheellocks and matchlock guns preceding those. Here's a pic of a .410 pinfire shell, circa 1857.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.