hktabes,

Your gun sure sounds like it would fall into my research project. I have posted this request on the L.C. Forum and have a few other guys helping me obtain some much needed info. By chance have you ordered a Cody letter for your gun? If your a member of the Buffalo Bill Museum (Cody) you can request with your Cody letter a copy of the ledger your gun appears in. It is this info that is important to my research.

How the gun was recorded in the ledgers is exactly the info I am in need of. In the "type" column there were codes and one theory out there is that if the letter "T" was found in the entry, it stood for Double Barrel Trap package. There are other theories about this "T" entry as well and that is the reason I have decided to research this further and try to come up with a definitive answer backed up with historical evidence.

Is the Beavertail forend on your gun a little wider and longer than other Beavertail forends? It is stated in L.C. Smith literature that with the Double Barrel Trap package got a "special" beavertail forend. Here is two pictures showing the difference in the two...

The forend on the upper gun is from my 1926 Crown Grade. It has the regular Schnabel type, while the lower gun is from my 1924 Eagle Grade that I believe is a gun with the Double Barrel Trap package. It has the longer and wider forend and is quite different than the standard one. A different view...

In both of these pictures I tried to line up the back edge of the forends to show the difference in length.

It should be noted that there is yet again another type of beaver tail forend variant and I believe RevDocDrew has one on his Picture Trail some where. Drew if you read this, I think it is from a Specialty Grade from down in the "silo" can you provide that picture here to show the other longer and wide type of forend?

I would like to discuss your gun further if you are willing to do so. I would like to order the info for your gun from Cody and see what is entered in the Type column. As I said in my first post about this project, I will do this free of charge for those who offer this info to me for research purposes. If you already have recieved info from Cody, I won't waste your time doing it again.

Laslty, I would love to see pictures of your gun to add to my collection for this research. My email can be found in my profile. Thank you very much for all the replies thus far.