Hello all,

Well, I finally received a response from a fellow forum member. He sent me this reference link.

https://www.rifleman.org.uk/War_Office_Pattern_Miniature_Rifle.html#Experimental_rifles

"A notable continuation of the the B.S.A. company's work on the War Office Miniature type rifle involved experimentation with a larger calibre capable action."

The last rifle shown at the bottom of that link looks like a "later" experimental version of my rifle. It has a 1908 barrel date and it has a patent number. Mine has an earlier 1907 barrel date and has a "P.Patent" marking. (pending patent)

That rifle has many similar features to my rifle.

Similar features include; center fire single shot action, similar barrel mounted 1905 rear site (with patent reference to my site), similar folding hood front site, same open exposed forward locking lugs, similar bolt handle mounted sliding safety, similar single-loading sprung 'raceway' slightly below the bore-line, and a similar action body designed to afford the mounting of an aperture sight at the rear of the receiver.

research for additional information will continue.